We had to draw full figures while not using our normal drawing habits. I usually take a long time to measure, and have smooth clean lines on most of my drawings. However, with these two I decided to do speedy gestural drawings with choppy, or swirly lines. Simply put, I don't like either, the proportions seem to be off, and the faces seem flat.
I'm still working on the first drawing. I want to have her sitting on a cliff, leaning against a tree, and looking out at some mountains. For the second work, I had originally planned to have it smaller, but since I put her to the far left, I could have it be that she's looking out at a city scape from her bedroom window.
In the first one I used mascara. In the second, I used black eyeshadow. I feel the first one is successful due to the shadows but the head is too far to one side. The second one is successful in that the body and the head are better proportioned but some of the shadows feel too square.
I think you already made it interesting. Push the shadows and values to get a little more volume and depth and you're there.
ReplyDeleteNice job Jamie! I love how soft the drawing looks.
ReplyDeleteI agree that the values could be pushed a bit, but the composition is nice!
ReplyDelete